Tuesday, February 3, 2009

"Say the Word."

Luke 7:1-10

I have tried everything. My servant has been with me since before I became a centurion and we have become great friends. He's been the best to me, and has always pulled through for me when it comes to getting work done. Now, he's come down with some sort of sickness. I have tried everything, getting the best healers to see if they can heal him but nothing. They say he only has a short while to live too. Life won't be the same without this man. I don't know what to do anymore.

Then I hear some people talking outside. People were saying, "Jesus is coming this way!" I have heard of Jesus healing the sick and raising the dead. I have actually see these people. I believe he can do the same for my servant. I didn't want to leave my servant so I asked some of the elders of the Jews who were near by to go and ask Jesus to come and heal my servant. So they went.

About 15 minutes have passed and I didn't know if Jesus was coming. I was getting pretty nervous. Then some of my friends came by to see how I was doing. I was talking about how I believe that Jesus can heal my servant and the elders are going to ask him to come over here for me. Then one of the elders came back and said, "Jesus was coming!" I looked out the window and I see a crowd of people coming towards the house. I sit down to think... I'm not worthy to be in this man's presence, but I still believe he can heal my servant. I then called my friends over and said to them, I want you to deliver this message to Jesus,

"Lord don't trouble yourself, for I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. That is why I did not even consider myself worthy to come to you. But say the word, and my servant will be healed. For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, 'Go,' and he goes; and that one, 'Come,' and he comes. I say to my servant, 'Do this,' and he does it."

My friends left quickly. I just sat by my servant's side wondering if Jesus would still heal my servant. He's been asleep for a few days now. I look down at him and I say to myself, "I believe." It was then my servant started to move and then slowly his eyes opened. The fever he had was totally gone. He was healed! Shortly after he woke up, my friends came back and they saw that my servant was healed! I look to my friends and they were just amazed. Jesus has just said the word and he healed my servant.

===================================================================

Do you believe that Jesus can say the word in your life?

God Bless.

No comments: