
You've been driving for hours. Staring off in the distance is a neverending stretch of road ahead of you. The inviting warmth of the sun illuminates everything around you and shows God's work at it's best.
As you look furthur ahead though, you see dark clouds in the distance. As you continue driving, the clouds get closer and closer, the sun starts to disappear behind the darkness of the clouds. It all seems to happen so fast. The next thing you know, the sun has disappeared behind the clouds. Everything around you seems to lose it's life. You look out your winshield, and you see this wet spot on there, a few seconds later, another one, and then another one. Before you know it, it's pouring. The feelings of sadness start creeping in. Your no longer enjoying the beauty around you but are frustrated with all the rain. As you continue to drive in the neverending rain, you start feeling lonely and depressed. You say to yourself, "When is this going to stop? When do I get to see the light again?" You pray to God asking Him to show you the light but nothing. Hours pass by and yet no light. You begin to wonder if the light has disappeared forever? "Will I see the light again?"
Just when all hope is lost, just when you feel that you can't take the darkness anymore, you see something in the distance. You look up to the clouds in the distance and you don't see them as darkness, but you see them illuminated. The lonliness and depression you were feeling begins to melt away. The clouds that were once darkness has become the most beautiful site you have ever seen. The clouds are now light.
Shortly after, you see a sign indicating your destination. You have made it. There is light at the end of tunnel.
This inspiration came to me today. It was raining all day and I never saw the light. I was feeling so lost and hopeless inside and wasn't sure if I could take it anymore. Towards the end of the day though, I look into the distance and see light, coming out of the clouds that once harboured the darkness. Seeing that reminded me that the light was never gone, it was only hidden by the darkness. That darkness being the pains in my heart and selfish desires. "When all you can see is your pain, perhaps then you lose sight of me?" (The Shack).
Right now in my life, I am driving through that dark storm. The sorrows, the pain, the suffering that fill my heart. There have been many times that I've wanted to just give up. However, I realized that God's light is only hidden because of this pain and suffering. I have to keep driving down "The Highway of Life" out of the storm. Even though it may seem hopeless, the storm will eventually pass, and the light will shine ever so brightly. Slowly but surely, I will reach the destination where God wants me to go.
2 comments:
I noticed you quoted "The Shack". Pretty good book, eh? I'm about half way through.
hey Justin, it was so nice to read what you wrote on your blog... it even helped my day to look brighter :-)
how's life? is everything all right? I worried a bit when I read your blog.
God bless,
Post a Comment